Suggested Volunteer Activities for AFA on Campus
- Volunteer at a nearby care facility (adult day center, assisted living residence, nursing home, etc.).
- Contact a local AFA member organization or Area Agency on Aging to locate a caregiver in the community who needs assistance with chores, etc.
- Assemble care packages for local caregivers or residents of care facilities.
- Organize a drive to collect books, “care” dolls or art supplies for a local care facility.
- Do an activity at a local care facility, such as providing manicures and pedicures to residents, holding musical or dance performances, or knitting blankets to donate to residents.
- Host a health fair, providing information about Alzheimer’s disease and/or healthcare careers.
- Craft a quilt for the AFA Quilt to Remember in honor or in memory of local residents of a care facility, the family of a local person with the disease, or for your own loved one.
- Write an entry for the AFA on Campus blog to share your experiences or encourage other college students to get involved.
- Start an AFA on Campus chapter at your college or university.