Many more college tour dates set for 2015.
Stay tuned to this page for exciting announcements!
ALZHEIMER’S FOUNDATION OF AMERICA
RAISE YOUR VOICE FOR CARE COLLEGE TOUR
Kicked off in November 2014 at Frostburg State University with
a day of activities, education and music!
- Educational Sessions
- Awareness Raising
- Health Zone
- Music Therapy
- Alzheimer’s 101
- Artists Raising Their Voices for Care at a Rock & Roll Concert
Many more college tour dates set for 2015. Stay tuned to this page for exciting announcements!
About AFA on Campus
AFA on Campus is a division of the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America (AFA) that caters exclusively to students at colleges and universities across the country in an effort to engage them in awareness-raising activities and to groom tomorrow’s leaders in the Alzheimer’s community.
AFA on Campus is an offshoot of the foundation’s AFA Teens division, providing an opportunity for individuals who have been involved in the cause as teens to continue their efforts as they move on to higher education.
AFA on Campus Objectives
With student involvement, AFA on Campus hopes to:
- Provide education, counseling and support to college students and their families
- Create support networks for students coping with Alzheimer’s disease in their families while attending college
- Spread awareness of Alzheimer’s disease and related illnesses at colleges and universities nationwide
- Help support the mission and services of the Alzheimer's Foundation of America
- Build on the momentum of AFA Teens, providing an outlet for college students who were active in the cause as teenagers
- Groom the next generation of Alzheimer’s disease activists
- Provide meaningful volunteer opportunities
- Interest students in healthcare careers
- Raise public awareness of the necessity of youth involvement
- Foster intergenerational communication and understanding
Get Involved With AFA on Campus
- Start an AFA on Campus chapter at your college or university.
- Volunteer. Click here for a list of suggested volunteer activities or here to find an AFA member organization near your college or university.
- Hold a fundraiser at your college or university. Click here for suggestions on how to hold an AFA on Campus fundraiser.
- Take our AFA on Campus Alzheimer’s Disease Survey .
- Read the AFA on Campus Blog .
- Contact AFA on Campus if you have questions.
- give back to the Alzheimer’s community;
- raise awareness of Alzheimer’s disease and related illnesses;
- lend a helping hand to peers who have or had a loved one diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia; and
- gain meaningful leadership and volunteer experience.
Step 1: Often, your college or university will have specific guidelines for starting a club or organization at your school. AFA recommends contacting the student activities office or other appropriate office to obtain these guidelines and review them before submitting an application to AFA on Campus to start a chapter.
Step 2: To start the process with AFA of forming an AFA on Campus chapter, please contact us.
Step 3: Some schools may also require their own application in order to start a club, as well as a constitution for your new organization. Please click here for AFA’s sample constitution, which includes language regarding the AFA on Campus mission and procedures for chapter meetings.
Step 4: AFA offers an AFA on Campus online handbook to distribute to prospective chapter members so that they may become familiar with AFA and the objectives of AFA on Campus.
AFA values the efforts of its collegiate volunteers and recognizes the tremendous impact these chapters can make in the lives of individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias. We’re here to ensure your chapter’s success. Please don’t hesitate to contact AFA with any questions or suggestions: 866.232.8484 or firstname.lastname@example.org.